Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Promises, Promises



The 64th Annual Tony Awards were on last night, and this is what winner Katie Finneran (Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical for "Promises, Promises") had to say...

...I want to talk to the kids at home watching. I was a kid and I watched this show and it seemed so far away from me. And I want to tell you that all the people on this stage, and in this audience, we feel the same way. And, with the world being so fast right now, I want to remind you to focus on what you love. Because it is the greatest passport. It is the greatest roadmap to an extraordinarily blissful life. Just focus on that one thing. Don’t listen to anybody else, and you will run into the right people, the right teachers, the right moments and circumstances, and one day you will meet a person that will share that love with you... 

Amen to that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment