Sunday, October 28, 2012

Strength, Courage, and Wisdom



I’ve been back in London just over a month
And I’ve been feeling depressed and frustrated
And my energy levels are like a yo-yo.
One day I’m raring to go
And the next I can barely get out of bed
And I’m like
What’s the deal?! 
I’m eating well, I’m exercising, I’m meditating...
Why does it still not feel right?! 

And I realized, 
After coffee with a lovely friend,
Who inspires me because she is down to earth
And talented
And successful
And still a wonderful person,
That the reason I have been feeling so 
Bleurgh
Is because I haven’t been following my heart

I’ve been slogging away
Working long hours and only just covering my bills,
Barely, 
And submitting myself for agents
And getting endlessly rejected
And feeling like I’m not the 
Right Type
Because I am female and I have short hair and any other myriad of reasons of why
I am Not Suitable 

And at the same time 
Reading about women in the media
And becoming more and more aware
That the media has no idea how to portray women
Or anyone who isn’t a white male
And I’m trying so hard to be in this system
And understanding that
The System is All Wrong
Because women, and anyone who isn’t a white male,
Are not represented adequately in politics or on television or in the press or anywhere that has a say in how the world is run

And I had this epiphany!
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!
I came to London to follow my heart and my dreams and to be happy dammit! 
And here I am 
Struggling and feeling miserable and frustrated
And THIS WILL NOT DO.
So. As of right this minute! I am saying
I am DONE with The System.
I’m writing my own words. I’m following my own path. 
And I CARE NOT! if it’s not “the right way” or “the way it’s supposed to be done” or "not what women in their late twenties are supposed to be doing”
It’s my life
And it’s now or never.
I ain’t gonna live forever! 

So I’m taking a deep breath
And taking the path less traveled (by me)
And I’m going to 
Trust my instincts
And fly confidently in the direction of my dreams. 

The end. 

2 comments:

  1. The path less travelled is thorny because it is less travelled. That doesn't mean that it cannot be travelled. It can!!!! In fact it is being travelled because you are travelling it. The reality that you are creating is authentic and because of this it will work out. The Universe responds to authenticity and you my friend have realized that secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Busie, that's really lovely! So glad we had our not-so-chance encounter! :)

    ReplyDelete